DataLink becomes a unique integration platform connecting ARIS to various data sources and keep them synchronized. Our new 3rd generation of DataLink is not just about synchronization itself. DataLink 3 also provides new capabilities in the field of customization via SDK, visual mapping and configuration using ARIS models, publishing of ARIS content and much more.
Find the best way to get answers to your questions about the DataLink solution and follow the structure of this product site.
- Why choose DataLink as a sync tool or an integration platform? Have a look at the key DataLink Features.
- How can your company benefit from DataLink? Get inspiration from typical Use cases.
- How it looks like inside from a technical perspective? See the DataLink Architecture.
DataLink 3 in a Nutshell
Yes, we did it! IDSA proudly presents a completely new generation of the DataLink Platform. Now we are introducing 3rd generation of our flag-ship integration platform and, can proudly say, we changed things completely with success.
What are the main advantages of the new generation of DataLink in comparison to the previous one?
First, the good news for all current users modeling processes or consuming the content. Everything is the same. But different from perspective of DataLink admin as well as implementation team. New DataLink provides the same results as its previous generation. However, in far more comfortable way and with lot of improvements.
So, what is the same?
The purpose and outcomes.
DataLink ensures up-to-date objects in ARIS repository thanks to smooth sync with an external data sources. And, of course, respects the latest version of your ARIS and server environment.
And what is different?
We have rebuilt nearly everything. The way how DataLink is programmed, how it is designed, configured and, of course, how it can be customized. This is the most important feature new DataLink is proposing – open platform.
The way how DataLink now internally operates is absolutely different. Changes affected all parts such as DataLink runtime, core functionality, data importers, synchronization reports, user interface, configuration and localization capabilities. And what is also very important, DataLink now runs under the latest Java VM and ARIS platform.
All this new functionality and features is well technically described in our new DataLink Software Development Kit. Our customers will never face again expensive & black-boxed solutions which cost them more and more each time they need to move to new functions. Now DataLink provides powerful customization capabilities and lot of open-source materials our customers can study and use for their own development. We think that this is absolutely fair.
DataLink 3 core has been completely rebuilt. There are no more layers, but slices. There is no legacy code, but completely new code. So you can expect quite powerful, but simple solution for data synchronization which can be easily customized to fit your specific needs. Even by your company IT team. And, in case of need, DataLink can be used outside of ARIS environment.
Key runtime features:
- Simple sliced and task-based architecture
- Java 8 support
- ARIS 9.8 support
- Runs outside ARIS for testing and faster development cycle
We still keep features what make DataLink of what it is. But we have rewritten them completely.
Following key functionalities have been changed or newly implemented:
- Connecting to various data sources and external systems using standardized interfaces
- Synchronizing of imported objects, attributes and symbols with ARIS database
- Custom data manipulation rules
- Custom definition of formatting rules
- Custom definition of synchronization rules
- New data, model and mapping context with improved API
Of course, data import is the core. DataLink is now even more focused to make data imports easier and pre-prepared.
Several new importers have been added, so currently the following ones are available:
- SAP HR OCI
- VEMA ERP system
- JSON based generic datasource
- SQL generic datasource
- CSV and text-based datasources
DataLink is now more based on simple start-up scripts. But for the users, who prefer dialogs, we can offer much more than older versions did. The revolution is in visual-mapping approach, which gives user possibility to define all mappings and configuration even in visual way – of course using ARIS models.
What is new in user interface:
- Easy-to-understand dialogs and GUI
- Visual mapping and configuration using ARIS models
- Customizable to company’s identity
Configuration and scripting
The era of external configuration files with lot of unreadable and ununderstanding code is over. Definitelly. We again prefer clear and easy scripting with possibility of defining your configuration or mapping definition visually in ARIS. That was the goal.
What have been changed in configuration model:
- Visual configuration using ARIS models
- Easy installation and startup scripts
- Improved logging and easier troubleshooting
Documentation and SDK
All customizable parts of DataLink (importers, formatters, configuration, settings and templates) are open for customer. There is a documentation including reference guide available for the product as well as DataLink SDK online community available for experts implementing or customizing DataLink via SDK.
What we will share with you:
- Access to on-line DataLink documentation portal
- Samples with source code included
- Reference guidest
- Architecture documentation, guides, etc.